- J. Anthony Girolami
Telephone: +1 619-704-1080
J. Anthony GirolamiManaging Partner
+1 619-704-1080 Ext. 10 office
+1 619-704-1081 fax
J. Anthony Girolami is the Firmís managing partner. He represents U.S., Brazilian, Mexican and a host of Latin American clients in business transactions involving the development construction and financing of infrastructure projects in Latin America as well as lenders and borrowers in cross-border syndicated credit facilities. He has represented financial institutions, infrastructure developers and energy companies with the formation of joint ventures, project financings, construction contracts and debt restructurings. Mr. Girolami has had extensive professional experience working in Latin America. Prior to founding the Firm, he was counsel with the Mexico City office of Chadbourne & Parke and worked in New York and Sao Paulo, Brazil with Shearman & Sterling LLP. He is fluent in both Spanish and Portuguese.
- Clipper Wind Turbines, Inc. in connection with the negotiation and documentation of a turbine supply agreement and operation and maintenance agreement with Fuerza Eolica del Istmo related to a 40 MW wind farm in Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Vinson Fund LLC, a hedge fund managed by Polo Capital, a Brazilian independent asset management firm, in connection with a $20,000,000 cross-border senior secured bridge loan for a Mexican pipeline supplier.
- California Filmes, S.A., a Brazilian motion picture distribution company, in connection with an arbitration proceeding under the rules of the Independent Film and Television Alliance (IFTA).
- WestLB AG, New York Branch in connection with a project financing related to the construction of an industrial waste disposal plant in Antofagasta, Chile.
- Clipper Wind Turbines, Inc. in connection with the negotiation and documentation of a turbine supply agreement with Electrica del Valle de Mexico related to a 50 MW wind farm in Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Transportadora Brasileira Gasoduto Bolivia Brasil S.A. in connection with the preparation and negotiation of equipment supply contracts with various U.S., Israeli and Japanese suppliers.
- Aareal Bank in connection with the refinancing of a resort hotel development in Cancun, Mexico.
- WestLB AG, New York Branch in connection with the a project financing related to the construction of an industrial waste disposal plant in Hidalgo, Mexico.
- University of California in connection with the development, construction and leasing of a modern educational facility located in Mexico City, Mexico.
- Quality Films, a Mexican motion picture distribution company, in connection with an arbitration proceeding under the rules of the Independent Film and Television Alliance (IFTA).
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of New York
- Ordem dos Advogados do Brasil, Foreign Legal Consultant
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D. (1991)
- University of San Diego, B.A., magna cum laude (1988)